Home News Life 15-year-old boy died after unusual overdose: Friends did not call emergency services

15-year-old boy died after unusual overdose: Friends did not call emergency services

2 min read

A teenager from Keerbergen, Belgium, died last weekend due to an overdose of ecstasy. His friends have been arrested. They would have pushed him to take several pills. When things were not going well for him, they decided not to call the emergency services.

It’s a sad history: the boy ended up in a coma on Monday last week after using XTC. A week later his parents had to make the worst decision of their lives: the situation was hopeless and so their son was disconnected from the machines, after which he died.

It all started with a party in the Hondsbossen of Sint-Katelijne-Waver to celebrate the end of the exams. The teenager took an xtc pill together with six friends. The other boys pushed him to take more.

Later in the afternoon the boy became unwell and whatever his friends tried: nothing helped. When he lost consciousness, the others panicked. They did not dare to call the emergency services, because then it would come to light that they were meddling with drugs. Only in the evening when the situation did not improve did she call an ambulance, but then it was too late.

The boys have been arrested and have to appear in court for drug possession and negligence.

Load More Related Articles
Load More By WeeklyNews staff
Load More In Life

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also

Kenes Rakishev: extracting emotions from audio and video streams will be a must for the applications

The progress in face and voice recognition is remarkable. While it was proved slightly ins…