Life Downton Abbey film is likely to be continued By weekster Posted on December 5, 2019 2 min read Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+ Fans of the popular Downton Abbey series were delighted last September with the release of the very first film about the Crawley family. Now that this has proven to be a huge success worldwide, the makers are seriously considering a sequel. “We are working on the story now, and it looks like it will work” The series was a real hit for six seasons and fans fell into a deep black hole when the series stopped in 2015. The film that was released earlier this year was a great success. The film raised more than $ 185 million worldwide, reason enough for a sequel! Producer Gareth Neame revealed to The Hollywood Reporter that the team behind the series is busy with a new film. So put the tea water firmly on. “We are working on the story now, and it looks like it will work,” the producer says. “But we encounter the same problems as with the first; we have to see if we can get everyone back together. That was quite a challenge at the time. ” It is not the first time that Gareth expresses a follow-up, although he was a bit skeptical at first. “If it goes very well, then we will do another, but we have to see if people really go to the cinemas to watch the film,” he said at the time.