Life Meghan perseveres against tabloids despite adversity By weekster Posted on May 1, 2020 3 min read Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+ Although the judge on Friday ordered Meghan (38) to drop parts of her lawsuit against British tabloids, she is determined to continue the case. The law firm of Prince Harry’s wife tells the British media that. “The rights of the Duchess have been violated” The Duchess of Sussex sued Daily Mail and the Mail on Sunday for publishing a letter to her father Thomas Markle in 2019, which she says was unknowingly edited. According to Meghan, the fact that the newspapers have acted ‘unfairly’ and have shown ‘inappropriate behavior’ is not included in the lawsuit, the judge concluded on Friday. According to Meghan’s lawyers, the judge’s ruling does not change the substance of the case. “The Duchess’s rights have been violated, the legal limits of privacy have been exceeded,” said a spokesperson. Still, they were amazed at the judge’s verdict. “Although the judge acknowledges that there is a privacy and copyright infringement case, we are surprised because this judgment suggests that dishonest behavior is irrelevant.” Associated Newspapers, the owner of the tabloids, asked the judge last week if parts of the charges could be dropped in the lawsuit. The judge agreed with the defendant and stated that the case is purely about the publication of articles based on the letter that Meghan sent her father in 2018. However, the judge did not exclude that these aspects will still be dealt with at a later stage if they are legally proven to be well-founded. The case may well go to paper for Meghan and Harry, who have hoped to become financially independent since they stepped back within the British royal family last month. Associated Newspapers wants the Duchess to pay the legal costs of over £ 50,000 for refusing to settle the case out of court, the Daily Mail writes. Meghan is said to have spent some £ 100,000 herself.