Life Rod Stewart fought prostate cancer for three years By weekster Posted on September 17, 2019 2 min read Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Google+ During a charity event where Rod Stewart was present last weekend, the 74-year-old singer made a striking revelation. He told the public to have fought prostate cancer for the past 3 years and did so successfully. Sir Rod has been declared free of cancer and said to be relieved “to have arrived on time.” This is reported by The Daily Mirror. Stewart was told to be clean in July, after he was diagnosed with the disease in February 2016. “Nobody knew about this, but I had already told my wife Penny that this evening was a good time for me to come out of the closet. As for prostate cancer then,” Stewart said with a wink to the audience. “I was there early and have undergone many tests, so I could be treated well. So men here, all go to the doctor and do a check-up.” The event where the British singer revealed his news was held to raise money for The Prostate Project and the European Tour Foundation. It took place at the Wentworth Club in Surrey, one of England’s most prominent golf clubs.